“Sit Up Straight!” How many times did you hear that from your mom? Chances are hundreds. Why was mom so persistent?
Poor posture can lead to excessive strain on our postural muscles making them more prone to injury.
Poor posture can have a major impact on how we live and feel everyday causing neck and back pain, poor circulation, indigestion and difficulty breathing. What can you do?
- Raise your computer screen so that your eyes are on the center of your screen
- Sit with both feet on the floor
- Do not cross your legs at the knees
- Keep your shoulders relaxed
- Keep your forearms parallel to the floor
- Do not cradle the phone between your ear and shoulder
- Wear a headset instead
- Rotate the side you carry your bags on
- Get up and move around every 45 minutes
Still having pain? Call us.
Chiropractors are specifically trained to help patients regain proper alignment protecting their spine and nervous system against the endless cycle of perpetual slouching.